Radish Top Soup
6 Tablespoons Butter
1 Cup Chopped Onion
8 Cups Loosely packed Radish Greens
2 Cups Diced Potatoes
6 Cups Water
1 teaspoon Salt and extra to taste
1/2 Cup Creme Freshe or Yogurt
Pepper to taste
1. Place the Potatoes in a large pot and add Water to cover them.
2. Add 1 Teaspoon of Salt to the pot and bring to a boil.
3. Cook the potatoes until they are soft.
4. Strain the cooked potatoes out of the water and set both Water and Potatoes aside.
5. Melt 6 Tablespoons of Butter in a large pot.
6. Add the Onions and saute until golden (about 5 minuets).
7. Stir the Radish Greens into the golden Onions and Cook over low heat until wilted, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minuets).
8. Add the cooked Potatoes to the pot along with 6 cups of Potato water* and simmer covered for 5 minuets.
9. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
10. Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender.
11. Add creme Fresh or Yogurt to garnish.
*If you end up with less than 6 cups of potato water, add filtered or spring water to make up the difference